PokerTracker 4 is the most useful software for online poker players.
In this podcast you’ll learn 5 ways to utilize this value program to improve your game.
Listen to this episode as you follow along below:
Episode coming soon!
Is your site compatible with PokerTracker 4?
If your site is listed here, but you don’t have PokerTracker 4 yet, what are you waiting for?!
1. Learning from Your Statistics
- The statistics allow you to see your game as a whole, and how all your plays add up to the player you are.
- Sort your hands by position, session, date, stake or even by starting hands.
- Check to see that you’re positionally aware.
- Check win rates by position and they should increase as position gets later.
- Now analyze the stats and look for big frequency changes and numbers too big or too small.
- Look at the hands played by position and analyze the questionably played hands.
- You can analyze your stats and those of your opponents as well.
2. Filtering For Specific Situations
ADD MORE HERE
This is one of the best ways to learn from PT4.
3. Using a HUD (Heads-up Display)
This is the #1 reason most players use PokerTracker 4.
- Real-time statistics on our opponents that accumulate over time
- Configurable with hundreds of different stats, but the most common stats to see are VPIP, PFR, AFq or AF, 3bet, Fold to 3bet, Cbet, Fold to Cbet, Steal or Fold to Steal
- The HUD gets more useful with more hands on a player: 100 is okay, 250 is good, 500 is great and 1,000+ is super.
- HUD’s help us plan our strategy to exploit each opponent before or after we’re dealt a hand.
My Smart HUD for PokerTracker 4 in action:
4a. Finding Leaks with LeakTracker
LeakTracker feature analyzes your database and shows you how your stats compare to those of winning players at 6max and full-ring games.
Anything outside of the “average winning player’s numbers” indicates a potential leak. After finding these potential leaks, you must return to the Statistics tab and begin filtering for specific situations to begin reviewing hands. The goal here is to find losing spots, dissect the hands, discover your mistakes then work to not repeat them on-the-felt.
ADD LEAKTRACKER VIDEO
4b. Tracking Your Stats & Win Rates
ADD MORE HERE
5. Sharing Hands with Coaches, Friends and Forums
One great way to study is to share these perfectly recorded hands with friends, forums or your coach to get feedback on your play. And the best place for you to start doing this is in the Smart Poker Study Facebook Discussion Group. Here’s a screenshot of a video hand history I put in the group:
Here’s my challenge to you for this episode:
Get your butt in gear, and start a free trial of PokerTracker 4 to improve your game today. If you’ve already got PT4 and aren’t utilizing all of its features to improve your game, what are you waiting for? Commit to using the software for an hour a day over the next 5 days.
- 1st Day: Review the entire month of March starting with your statistics and look at them by position.
- 2nd Day: Test out the filters and start by filtering for opportunities to cbet and review those hands.
- 3rd Day: Improve your HUD by adding/subtracting stats as you feel is necessary to improve your in-game reads.
- 4th Day: Use LeakTracker and see what it tells you about your cash game leaks.
- 5th Day: drop a couple hands in the Smart Poker Study Facebook discussion group and ask for some opinions on your play.
Support the Show